Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rap Music is undermining our Youth

4K views 73 replies 31 participants last post by  timb99 
Right... Rap music is what's destroying our youth. Not the lack of accountability, the lack of parental guidance and the lack of discipline that is so prevelant with many of the youngsters today. Nope, its definitely the rap music.

If you look at some of the backgrounds these rap artists grew up through, I bet you would change your attitude a little. The socio-economic issues that many of the black youth of today face is no joke. They live in the poorest cities, with the highest crime and the least amount of opportunities. Would do you expect them to sing about? Good Vibrations?

I like some rap and dislike others. I like how some of the music tells a story and I think there is definitely some real talent behind those lyrics.

Nope, its not the rap music undermining our youth, its the parents who let their kids listen to it at too early of an age and with no consequence. THAT is what is undermining our youth.

If you READ what I posted, rather tongue in cheek, is that its not the rap music thats causing the issue.

Right... Rap music is what's destroying our youth. Not the lack of accountability, the lack of parental guidance and the lack of discipline that is so prevalent with many of the youngsters today. Nope, its definitely the rap music.

It is clearly on the shoulders of the parents. Rap music is genre of music. Nothing more, nothing less. It is not what undermines our youth. Its the lack of parenting that does. You're actually validating mine opinion with yours but your not seeing the forrest for the trees.

I'm not sure I can make it any clearer than what I previously posted:

Nope, its not the rap music undermining our youth, its the parents who let their kids listen to it at too early of an age and with no consequence. THAT is what is undermining our youth.

timb99 - I thank you for your post, you have exemplified what I was trying to say.

Rap music in itself is not the evil here.

Hell, listen to some country songs and try not to be a hypocrite.

Ever listen to Johnny Cash? Tell me what story Cocaine Blues tells.... Doing cocaine, shooting and killing someone, running from the law and spending your life in prison. Yep, that's conductive to a healthy lifestyle.

I guess children who listen to Johnny Cash will turn out with severe problems right?

The longer this thread goes, the more I'm realizing this is a racial bias, not a music bias.

Do you think a song will direct a child on how to live their life?

Do you think music is that powerful that it can ruin someone's life just by listening to it?

Do you honestly think, with any kind of parental guidance and care, that a person will turn out to live a poor life because of the music they listen to as a kid?

If you do, there is nothing I or anyone else can say that will help you understand.

Since when did anyone here get values taught to them by any musician?

My PARENTS and my family taught me my values. I listen to rap, country, rock, you name it! You know what it is to me? Entertainment.

When I have a question or concern about real life issue or questions, I speak to my wife and my parents and maybe even some close friends. I don't throw some music in the radio and decide to live my life based on what some artist is singing about.

Whats funny, is that all the shooters here fight to the death anyone that says guns kill people, but, so many of you are guilty of the same logic when you claim rap music ruins our youth. Same logical argument. Its almost comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.