Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess they put me in charge of new safety signs at our club. We have our Rifle/Pistol wordage down pretty good but our Trap/Skeet Ranges are lacking. I would like your input, Hearing and Eye Protection, Chamber open and stuff like that. One of our problems is game loads being used on Trap. How the pullers don't see this is beyond me. Any pics of your club signs would be great. Also we need new property signs. What signs do your club have on the property line. We are not fenced in.
Thank for the ideas.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
So I guess they put me in charge of new safety signs at our club. We have our Rifle/Pistol wordage down pretty good but our Trap/Skeet Ranges are lacking. I would like your input, Hearing and Eye Protection, Chamber open and stuff like that. One of our problems is game loads being used on Trap. How the pullers don't see this is beyond me. Any pics of your club signs would be great. Also we need new property signs. What signs do your club have on the property line. We are not fenced in.
Thank for the ideas.
If you receive any input please pass it on to the rest of us. I just brought up the same basic idea at our monthly meeting this three days ago.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I had 40 vinyl signs made to apply to recycled aluminum laminated plastic sign material - they claim 10 year durability, but we get a lot longer out of them. South facing signs weather the worst.
"Gun Range - Keep Out".
We have 160 acres, so 2 miles of fence line.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We had these made from Buildasign.com for the walk thru sporting clays area. I made 15 of them out of 0.40 aluminum 9"x12" with rounded corners. They were $14.15 each and I found a promo code for $4 off each.

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've used My Security Sign dot com to make some custom signs for our club. They have some stock gun range options, and the prices were very reasonable.

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
P
Quarter section is one half mile a side, 880 yards.
MTRSG - you got a very economical price per sign.
oops. You’re right. I don’t know why I jumped on the 1/4 per side.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had 40 vinyl signs made to apply to recycled aluminum laminated plastic sign material - they claim 10 year durability, but we get a lot longer out of them. South facing signs weather the worst.
"Gun Range - Keep Out".
We have 160 acres, so 2 miles of fence line.
The property line signs will be made by Warning lights. They will be the same as a HWY sign. Yellow with Black letters. I was thinking DANGER GUN RANGE NO TRESSPASSING 18 X 24

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
I don’t know pullers from your neck of the woods but most of them in the Southwest are either transients or crackheads who wouldn’t know the difference between a stick of dynamite and a firecracker or would they care. I miss the days when you had real pullers instead of the card machines.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don’t know pullers from your neck of the woods but most of them in the Southwest are either transients or crackheads who wouldn’t know the difference between a stick of dynamite and a firecracker or would they care. I miss the days when you had real pullers instead of the card machines.
Nope no card machines. Our kids are county boys and girls that all shoot so they no the difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts