Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that wants to start in the sport. Can someone recommend a range in North Houston (Montgomery County area) where a newbie could go to get a start?

PM me here would be great....

Thanks,

Ktapply

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you want to just try it. I would recommend just gount to Carter Country in Spring Tx. Link above. It cost $12.00 per 25 targets but look at the mileage to the next cloest trap Range. The American Shooting Center in West Central Houston. It takes me 45 minutes from Spring Tx one way, if I remember correctly its $6.00+ per 25 targets.

If you (they) like trap and want to shoot registered then shoot at the metro trap club in Angelton TX. ( http://www.shootata.com/Shoots,Clubs,StatesZones/tabid/117/clubID/510112/Default.aspx )
They Shoot every sunday starting 8 Dec 2103

The links above are relater to shoting in or near houston. If someone else knows of a Trap Club near North Houston Please let me know also. The map is provided by "Clay Targets online.com " a good reference for any shooting club.

PS. I live in Wisconsin but I snow bird in Spring Tx and San Marcos TX from 15 Dec to 1 Apr.

Mike P in Highland WI

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

Thanks... Headed to Appleton tomorrow. Unfortunately for a funeral.. No trap shooting there this time of year anyway....I assume that the new Wisconsin state grounds are closed for the winter....

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts