Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought someone might like to see some pics of the Grand I took this year...................not the best but.........GaryL.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Much appreciated. Wish more people would do this, I really enjoy looking at pics from various skeet, trap, sporting, and international shoots.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Wicked looking sky in those last few. Thank goodness its bite wasn't quite as bad its bark. Those midwest storms can get ugly fast.

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
Here's a look at the storm in action:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HV7-x6jcjkc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HV7-x6jcjkc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
V10---After watching your vid, i recant my statement about its bite. Anytime you get horizontal rain its no pussycat storm. I wasn't at the Grand that day and actually in town Sparta(where i live) that one missed us. That was one of the afternoon storms correct? The morning storm of Tuesday August 3 was a nasty one that nailed both Sparta and the WSRC pretty good. Thanks for the vid.---Matt

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
Yep, that was the Thursday afternoon storm. Winds in excess of 60 mph. Some folks reported cloud circulation above the WSRC as a tornado was trying to form. Luckily it didn't.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and the video. The video while it is really good doesn't show how dark it got and how low the visability got. I was in the Kolar store. Everyone knows how close you are from the vendors to the skeet towers. You couldn't see the towers during the worst of the storm. Again thanks for the pictures and the video.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I too was stuck in the Kolar building. Got to meet Iggy, interesting man, had a good talk. One person in there spoke of seeing a golf cart going down the walkways, by itself. Others said the old people carriers were blown onto the trapfields and some towards the parking lot.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Good vid. When my son and I got there Friday (the 13th!) it was hard to tell anything had happened. I wish it had cooled the place off a bit, but just being there again made it worthwhile.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Slugbug1,

Nice pics, thanks for your trouble.

It looks like pretty good RV parking to me, not all jammed in, etc. What is the rate for a 32' 5th wheel for the main shoot week??

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Larry, your right there is a lot of room between sites. This is in the north campground which I believe are all 5 or 10 year leases, but every year people find they can't make it the Grand and sub-lease the spot. Some other areas don't offer as much space (see my 16th pic). Best to contact the shooting complex for current pricing,that is if you can get them to answer your emails or calls. GaryL.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey V10 , I was sitting in the white SUV pictured behind the P/U in your video! Did you see the golf cart being blown backward by the wind? I thought we were going to have to move to avoid being hit by it.
We were also busy looking for the funnel, but the rain was so hard I don't think we could have seen it !
Thanks for the pics......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.