Trapshooters Forum banner

Ramshot powder

5466 Views 20 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  7albert
Anyone here use Ramshot powder? Thanks, Todd
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
I’ve used many 4 pound jugs of Ramshot Silhouette for my 9mm major USPSA open gun but I assume you’re interested in shotgun and I have no experience with their only shotgun powder. Ramshot customer service was good when they were owned by Western but now I see they’re owned by Hogdons so load data should be easy to get.

· Premium Member
8,113 Posts
The only Ramshot shotgun shell powder that has been available in recent memory is Competition. I have not seen it in some time, although the Western Powder data guide has ample data for it. I have never used it but if I were to happen onto a keg, I likely would buy it.

· Registered
65 Posts
Ramshot Competition in a Remington hull, Cheddite primer, Claybuster clone 7/8 ounce. 1200-1250 fps for the daughters skeet and trap shellls. 1350 fps for the bunker shells. She said that she liked the way they felt. And really likes the less “leftover “ powder in the barrels.

· Registered
99 Posts
Hello is it possible to have some recipes with these powders? Sincerely
If you’re asking about shotgun loads, flashmax pointed you in the right direction.

lf you’re interested in 9mm major pistol load, I’m not allowed to talk about it😎
When I had my pistol built, the gunsmith JPL Precision gave me a recipe and a baggy of samples and advised me to buy a Dillon 1050 (which I did) because it’s a compressed load. I don’t shoot pistol competition any more but still shoot that gun because it’s fun.

For some reason I called Ramshot many years ago and when I mentioned 9mm major, their ballistics guy politely said I’m sorry I’m not allowed to talk about it and hung up.

· Registered
50 Posts
Dear Sir I do not understand your answer I tried in vain to go to the link that I read in one of the previous posts and this one does not work this one it is impossible for me to open it: http: //www.ramshot.com/load-data/ This is why I am asking my question again, just as by going to the Ramshot site this one does not answer.

· Premium Member
3,706 Posts
Albert, I've been trying to screenshot a couple pages of the Ramshot 12ga data but i can't figure out how to do it on this tablet...
Mabe if you let us know what hulls and wads and primers you want to use someone else here smarter than me can find the right page to screenshot for you?

· Registered
99 Posts
Okay I understand it’s a problem. I have hunted in several European countries and shot clays in several others, although not France. My friends who went to the World FITASC there a few years ago had a great time and were warmly welcomed, as was I and my family when we traveled in France and shot in the other countries. I would hope you would have the same welcome reception if you come here.
I can give you a few screenshots of Western shotshell loads although there are none for Zip. I’ve included a burn rate chart, but read the warnings printed right on it. I have no experience with any of these loads and am merely providing photos of printed data direct from Western.
I chose the Fiocchi hull because it’s the only European hull with load data. They only have loads using Competition for this hull but you can use the burn chart however you wish. There are other loads available for Solo 1000 and Nitro 100 but using different hulls.
Text White Line Colorfulness Style
Text Photograph Line Font Colorfulness
Text Photograph White Colorfulness Line
Text Photograph White Line Style

· Registered
99 Posts
What the heck, here’s the Nitro 100 page in a Federal Gold Medal hull (all the other recipes are for compression formed hulls). I don’t think GMs are compression formed (I think they’re Reifenhausen) but if they are I’m sure I’ll hear plenty about it from others on this forum. C’mon man, I don’t shoot Federals and I haven’t reloaded a shotshell in years; who do you think I am, The Technoid?
I hope you can use this information to come up with a load.
Text White Line Style Colorfulness

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.