Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never used this powder before, but it's all I could find, and I'm using a Lee Load All. 1 1/8 oz of shot, STS hull, and Winchester primer, WAA12 claybuster wad. The load data recommends 17.4 grains for an 1150 velocity trap load. The bushing I have in it (134) is throwing about 17.5-17.7 grains on the scale. I was just wondering if that was about right from those with more experience loading this powder.

· Registered
1 Posts
Never used this powder before, but it's all I could find, and I'm using a Lee Load All. 1 1/8 oz of shot, STS hull, and Winchester primer, WAA12 claybuster wad. The load data recommends 17.4 grains for an 1150 velocity trap load. The bushing I have in it (134) is throwing about 17.5-17.7 grains on the scale. I was just wondering if that was about right from those with more experience loading this powder.
Got the same load, same powder situation, You have answered my questions. Many thanks,

· Registered
1,289 Posts
How messy is Competition to load? Is there much leakage around charge bar? I use to load AA plus on my Lee and I seemed to always have a bit of of powder mess after loading a few boxes. With Competition and AA Plus supposed to be about the same, I was wondering what you have found. I did really like the powder though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.