Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Beretta A400 Action, field gun 28" barrel very nice and soft recoil back in November 2014.. I've shot close to 1000 rounds and patterned it recently and found it shoots 50/50. I need to raise the comb to a height that will create a 70/30 POI. I would appreciate any assistance from trap shooters who have corrected the same problem that I need to correct. I have a Cheekeese 3/8th inch stick on slimside pad on my Citori 725 Feather that works very well, however I can not find another one, seems they are backordered by everyone, Brownells included. Please and thank you for your help. Respectfully, Earl

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Meadow industries sells a product called a "Convert a stock pad". It attaches with Velcro and you can get the required height you need to a higher poi. It's under $25.00 and it also prevents face or cheek slap as it's very comfortable.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Mr Earl, be very careful (leery) of the Beretta gel pad or the Meadow Industries kit, or anything similar. You only want to raise your comb to increase POI. If anything on the side of your stock moves the comb away from your face, you will end up shooting to the left of everything.

Alternately, you can consider buying another stock for it, one with trap dimensions and an adjustable comb.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ditto what Oregunner said: "Shims also raise or lower the rear stock. Smaller number, less drop, higher POI."

You will need a 13mm deep socket to remove the stock bolt nut. You can do this yourself, just follow the directions in the manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts