Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
. If you normally shoot a pull, and you happen to pick up a gun with a release, you pull the trigger and nothing happens. Your reaction is to turn to your buddies and release the trigger to discuss the problem. If you normally shoot a release, and you happen to pick up a gun with a pull trigger. you put the gun on your shoulder or have it pointed downrange when you set the trigger. The gun goes off, and the gun is pointed downrange. Sure seems safer to me to put a release sticker on your gun, but you know what that say about opinions.
If you turn in my direction with your finger still on the trigger you're no longer my buddy. Just saying

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Can anyone present a scenario in which a pull trigger person picks up a release gun by mistake and actually manages to do something dangerous with it?
How does it add more safety? Is it not just as if not moreso problematic if a release trigger shooter picks up a pull gun by mistake? Perhaps pull trigger guns should have a "P" on them?

Please provide a plausible scenario.

Do pull trigger shooters pull the trigger and then hold it back?

If you pull a trigger and it doesn't fire or at least go "Click" do you continue to hold it back? For how long? Until you have the opportunity to point it at someone?

User error accidental discharges all start with pulling the trigger whether it is a pull or a release..
How does that make the sport safer?
Did I miss the part where anyone said you had to put one your gun, or the part where it's any of your business what anyone else puts on their's?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Nothing wrong with putting a sticker on a release trigger. Also nothing wrong with not putting a sticker on a release trigger. What is WRONG is forgetting about all the basic rules of gun safety. It is never correct to point the gun anywhere but downrange, unless it is open or the slide is locked back? GUN SAFETY IS EVERYTHING

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Can anyone present a scenario in which a pull trigger person picks up a release gun by mistake and actually manages to do something dangerous with it?
A release trigger shooter picked up my regular trap gun by mistake and tried to shoot games with it. He tried twice and then realized it was a pull trigger. We still joke about that!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Did I miss the part where anyone said you had to put one your gun, or the part where it's any of your business what anyone else puts on their's?
No, you missed the point. I just asked if anyone could present a plausible scenario in which a shooter creates a dangerous incident by not knowing that a gun has a release trigger. Can you provide one? I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Geeez, I just wanted a sticker for my gun. Didn't want to start a war about why or who needs what or who doesn't need one.
three replies answered my question,period,and thank you.

Now its , Kinda like who's car is better, a stick or automatic. And why ? Some can't drive with a clutch, now today cars even auto's .... have hill start , it keeps the brake applied until you pull out for poor drivers who can"t, most people don't even know their car ( or truck ) has it......does yours ?
So your saying people who don’t know what features their cars have are probably poor clutch driven vehicle drivers do ya? Think we need to put a sticker with a C on it squarely in their foreheads?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,799 Posts
If “R” stickers are recommended……Then common sense says stickers are needed for the following:

P - pull
R - release
PR - pull/release
RP - release/pull
DR - double release
PP - pull/pull

If you have a second trigger group and it’s a different configuration, you’ll need to change stickers accordingly.

Until these are mandated, no shooter is safe!
OR…..
be able to recognize your own gun and practice the rules of safe gun handling that have been in place for over 100 years.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Next time you shoot, notice how long you hold your pull trigger back after you pull it.

Now, if you have a "buddie" that you shoot with who you think would point a gun at you while asking why it failed to fire, or you think you would do that, please sell your guns and take up golf.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I must be using good bait, got a lot of bites.

All I wanted was a place to get me a sticker..................
You don't need bait on this site.

Reactions: Largo9

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
I think K-guns just wanted a vendor that sells the stickers?

Lot of commentary here about if stickers are needed or not, I think anything that makes our sport safer is a good idea, especially if it is such a simple identifier.
I know my gun has a release. I don't need a stupid sticker to tell me that. You shouldn't be touching my gun, and I will let you know if you ever do try to touch it.

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
If “R” stickers are recommended……Then common sense says stickers are needed for the following:

P - pull
R - release
PR - pull/release
RP - release/pull
DR - double release
PP - pull/pull

If you have a second trigger group and it’s a different configuration, you’ll need to change stickers accordingly.

Until these are mandated, no shooter is safe!
OR…..
be able to recognize your own gun and practice the rules of safe gun handling that have been in place for over 100 years.

I see you are still trying to recommend common sense on here. Still banging your head in the wall.

See you in Sparta my friend.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,799 Posts
I see you are still trying to recommend common sense on here. Still banging your head in the wall.

See you in Sparta my friend.
Indeed I am…… welcome back! See you in Sparta……Cheers 🍺🍺

21 - 36 of 36 Posts