Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
One of the finest Trapshooters ever and could really make a Super-X talk. Just look at his averages! Another one of the old timers that will be missed by many. RIP

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Pete besides being one of the best shots ever has done a lot for the sport of Trapshooting. He was President of the Kentucky Trap shooters League for several years and on the board for many years after that. He was willing to help anyone and I considered him to be my friend and I will miss him. I always called him a little left handed B---ard and he called a right handed one. Anyone around that did not know us would have thought we hated each other. I have known Pete since 1988 and am better for it. God Bless you my friend !

Terry Dean

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,746 Posts
I got to talk with him at the Cardinal and asked about doing a PM service on my Kolar. He looked at the serial number, and with a big grin, said to bring it back when there were 1/2 million shells through it.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It was 40 years ago that Pete shot with 5 others for the promotional of the Super X by Winchester. 3 lefties and 3 right handed, two three man squads shot 4,000 singles each to set a record of targets shot in a day at the time. Fun times, long gone. Rest in peace Pete.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I had the pleasure of shooting with him several times at our PA State Shoot. In 2 years he missed 1 target in 1000 program singles!! They broke the mold with him, and he'll be missed...R.I.P.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Rest in Peace my friend. I meet Pete when he was up in Mass in the 70's.
He used to show up at our little club in the woods, big cowboy hat two cigarette filter stuck in his ears.
He helped me get started shooting trap.
When I moved up to my first trap gun and could not hit anything, I called up Pete he said I'll meet you at the range Saturday, he showed up grabbed my BT ran 100, handed the gun back and told me to practice more.

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
So sorry to hear this! Pete was a good friend and did so much for the Sport! He helped my wife and I a lot and was always helping people. He was a Federal Rep. for several years. He was a great guy and highly thought of by all who knew him. I called him a couple of years ago and he was as sharp and bright as ever! I really enjoyed talking to him. He could do magic with that Super X 1 ! So long my fellow Kentuckian! Rest in peace!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Very sorry to hear this.
I had the pleasure of a Shooting with Pete several of times over the years and always came away better for it. He was always willing to pass along a tip, or suggestions to improve another shooter's scores.
I'll never forget seeing him wash out his rough looking Super X at the water fountain behind the trap line in Vandalia..!!
A great shooter, and a good guy to know.
R.I.P. Buddy.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Wow -this leaves me breathless-Pete would always pitch his tent behind my car @ the NC state shoot
you will be missed

Phil Berkowitz

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Shot on the squad with Pete many times. We were both left handed so the squad made us shoot on post 4 and 5. Didn,t make any difference to Pete for he was going to break them all anyway. Was one of the most laid back guys I ever seen in my life. I remember one time in a shootoff he was smoking a cigarette and between shots he put his cigarette between the rib and the barrel on his Perazzi TM-1. (long before the Kolar years). This man could shoot a Winchester Super X Model 1 so good on doubles he would make you want to buy. I DID! many times. Really going to be missed. Great Man and a Great Shot!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts