Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUINCY -- Ken Jones figured time had passed him by.

An accomplished trapshooter with a resume that rivals most inductees in the Illinois State Trapshooters Association Hall of Fame, Jones hadn't received any inclination that he would be nominated or considered to join that elite group.

"I guess I had been hoping to get it for a few years," Jones said. "I was like, ‘I'm too old now. I'm not going to get it.'"

Let the record show you're never too old to give up on a dream.

A member of the Quincy Gun Club and a registered shooter for more than four decades now, Jones was inducted into the ISTA Hall of Fame this summer during ceremoines at Brittany Shooting Park in Bunker Hill, Ill. Jones and Randy Miller became the latest class of inductees since the Hall of Fame was started in 1969.

"I went through several emotions," Jones said. "I was surprised, then I was excited and honored. Then I was humbled by thinking of the guys who are already in there and the good shooters who are not in there."

There's no question Jones belongs.

The Quincyan registered his first birds in 1969 and has been active as a shooter and ambassador for the sport ever since.

He helps run the monthly registered shoots at the Quincy Gun Club and has traveled the country to compete, earning a multitude of honors along the way.

READ MORE

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats Ken. A great shooter and even better person. Some of my fondest memories are being at the Illinois State Shoot and talking with Ken and his old buddy Leon Schink. I watched Ken in many shootoffs with 199's and 200 straights. Also remember him shooting off with 99's in the doubles before. He is like fine wine, he just gets better with age. Great accomplishment Ken. Joe and Becky McGorman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts