Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be in the area for Memorial Day weekend and could use some time away from my wife's family to shoot some targets. Looks like Brittany Park has no shooting that weekend and was wondering about Quincy. I will be staying near Pearl, IL. Any other shooting in the area???? Nubs Wagner

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Nubs:

You're in luck. Hopewell Views Trap Club is shooting Sunday, May 27th. It is less than half the distance you would have to drive to get to Quincy.

Hopewell is just outside (west) of the Village of Summer Hill, IL. On an Illinois map you'll find Summer Hill about half way between Pittsfield, IL. and Louisiana, MO on U.S. Highway 54.

The club sits immediately adjacent to the highway. The nearest landmarks are an old drive-in theater and a blue municipal water tank.

Its a four trap club. The fields were built new from scratch in 2005 including four new Pat traps.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of state all weekend. Otherwise, I'd have been happy to introduce you to some of my hoodlum friends : ).

sissy

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great...the gun goes along. After so many hours of in laws, I either shoot some of them or some clay targets. Nubs Wagner.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Nubs:

The typical program at Hopewell is 100 each 16's, handicap, and 50 pair of doubles. The doubles are shot last.

I won't receive a program until a couple of weeks or so before the date. However, you can get all the details you need from the club manager Keith Reinke (pronounced like "ring key"). His number is 217-242-5927.

sissy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.