Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been to the Great Lakes Grand, or even Michigan for that matter. I am thinking of coming to GLG this year. I have a few questions, so maybe some of you can help me.....

I will be attending Thursday thru Monday. What type and how many targets are shot each day?

What is usual temperature that week?

How far away are decent motels?

Will the club or vendors have factory ammo there? If so, decent prices?

Thanks, Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,236 Posts
Matt,

The program for last year's GLG is at the link above. It should answer many of your questions.

The results are at: http://michigantrap.com/index.php/results/great-lakes-grand/

·
Registered
77 Posts
temps around 60s chance of rain, motels 15 miles south at jackson, rodger brenner should have just about any shell or reloading stuff you need, great place to shoot

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Chance of rain? If you consider 110% a chance, then you're right. Great place to shoot though. Bring your Frogg Toggs and a tow strap.

ss

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Late May in Michigan is a total crap shoot Matt.You can have 45 degrees and rain to near 80 degrees and rain. But you can usually expect to see rain and some mud in the parking lots but the traps are high and dry. Plenty of good camping spots. Great food supplier since Merindorf's took over last year. We could use you on vendor row. That has been a little slim in recent years.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
think +++++++++++++++ nothing but good weather ..good targets... good time..good scores

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
MTA is my second favorite place to shoot (behind San Antonio, and mostly because San Antonio has better weather). Pack everything and don't believe anything the weatherman says. We've shot in storm jackets (for both rain and cold) and also in shorts and t-shirts (and probably in the same week).

They run a good shoot, well organized and they keep it moving. Every trap is the same, as far as I'm concerned there isn't a good or bad bank as they are all the same.

As mentioned hotels in Jackson to the south about 20 miles, or you can go north towards Lansing about the same distance and find hotels. Just depends on your preference and which direction you might be coming from.

They shoot a lot of singles in Michigan, 200 on both Saturday and Sunday.

I recommend the GLG to anyone.

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.