Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you not see many SKB trap guns being shot , such as the 85ttr or The 85tts?. Jim.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I shoot an 85 TSS, dos that count.

But your observation is valid, their isn't too many of them. I also shoot an old Ithaca/SKB 500 O/U, and like it about as well as the 85. Bot no chokes for it, only mod/full. Still working on getting it choked at some point.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I used to own one in a combo form. Never fired a shot through it and got rid of it so I don't know much about them other than the people I see working on them at the range. I know a guy at my club who has a bag of parts and it seems he is always digging in for someone.
There are also some folks who never have a problem but for the most part those guys don't give them heavy use. They certainly would not be my first or last choice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I shoot a 85 TTS. Have not had any problems at all with this gun.

A local sporting clays range has 6 of them that they rent. The owner of the range say they are very dependable.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,045 Posts
I would venture to say that they are way more durable than a CG, or a lot of other mid range guns out there and can be had for a fraction of the price.

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
I shoot a GC7 unsingle. I love it. No problems yet, but its fairly new. I have heard good things about them. I am not worried about longevity as I feel it will be just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts