Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
The post office has or had ,mailing tubes.They were made of a heavy cardboard and were 36" long. They work great. See if you can still get them. Ray

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
fedex has a triangle shipping tube but you have to use it on express mail. OK SO take the tube --it's free. Take some black paint and spray over the fed ex label and writing all over the outside and then ship it fed ex ground. Works great and they never said a word about it. motordoc

·
Registered
348 Posts
Make sure the ends of the mailer are really well taped. I would use the tape with the fibers in it.
You do not want the barrel crashing through the end of the container enroute.
Art

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Go to your local golf course pro shop and ask them if they have a discarded box that they received a golf club in. Add bubble wrap and you are ready to go. Martinpicker

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
No need to paint the triangle boxes, just turn them inside out. My post office keeps me in a good supply of them...for free.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I use 4" ABS drain pipe with glued and screwed rubber cap on one end and hose clamped rubber cap at the other end. I wrap the barrels in bubble warp. I have ten round trips all around the country with same pipe with no problems. I've shipped receiver and barrel together a couple of times. I like this reusable set up better than all the other methods.

Surfer

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wife suggested going to the carpet store and get a tube that carpets are rolled on. It worked great and is sturdy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts