Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a perfect Type 3 set of 1978 MX8 O/U barrels choked by Tom Seitz (stamped with CC Seitz on barrel). It has a nicely grained forend with engraved metal. I'm assuming this is aftermarket engraving as I've never seen similar on factory Luxus guns. Anyone recognize this engraver? Does anyone have any idea of what the finish is on the metal? Coin, Nickel or Nitride or something else? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
If that is what the forearm iron looks like, the rest of the gun must be gorgeous!

Good luck and break them all!

John

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's really neat, (I don't know the answer to your question, but someone will)..oh Steve W??

Still kicking myself for passing on a LNIB TM1 around 1992-93 for $2100 that Tom had performed his "barrel package" on. The seller had all the paperwork, the gun fit great and was in perfect condition with an adjustable comb also. Should have bought the gun, as the money I had saved just got wasted for the next year of college, LOL...(did anybody back then NOT have him port the barrel when he did all the rest of the barrel work?-sorry for the derailment!).

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I picked up a perfect Type 3 set of 1978 MX8 O/U barrels choked by Tom Seitz (stamped with CC Seitz on barrel). It has a nicely grained forend with engraved metal. I'm assuming this is aftermarket engraving as I've never seen similar on factory Luxus guns. Anyone recognize this engraver? Does anyone have any idea of what the finish is on the metal? Coin, Nickel or Nitride or something else? Thanks.
From the pictures I am going to guess nickel plate. Although french grey or silver plated is possible.

I also read the post as you have gotten just the barrels and forend. Which makes me wonder if you are wanting to get that iron matched to an action.

Al

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Al - no, I have it matched to my MX3 Special so I have a top single and this O/U. This silver forend looks fantastic next to the dark blue MX3 Special receiver.

Backfencer - I've done some google research and every Tom Seitz O/U that I've been able to find seems to have the bottom barrel ported - which mine is. Backbored to .741 on bottom with .019 (M) and ..746 bore on top with .027 (IM+) on top. Really smokes doubles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts