Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used SKB 85TSS combo that I will be shooting for the first time this weekend. Having read so many posts about firing pins and hammer springs going bad on this gun, I want to go ahead and change those "just in case".

Can anyone share step by step information on how to do this?

Many thanks,
Angel

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
These fine guns use a 1/8" sq. dr. wrench. Parts and tools are available from SKB.

Order recommended parts and enjoy the speed, comfort, and handling the new SKB has.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Angel,

I have that small SKB firing pin wrench and some other factory spare parts to sell. I had bought them when I shot a SKB 85TSS for some sporting clays and wanted to keep some spare parts on hand and never had to use them. They are all new in the factory bags. They consist of pretty much anything that is likely to need replacing.

They are -- the wrench needed to change the firing pins, 1 top barrel firing pin, 1 bottom barrel firing pin, 2 firing pin return springs, 2 firing pin retainers, 1 bottom barrel hammer spring ("v" type)and 1 upper barrel hammer spring.

I just checked the SKB web site and those parts total $89.00 plus shiping. I will take 1/3 off that price and I will pay the shipping ----- so the total would be $59.63. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks, Gregg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.