Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at an 870 stock today and on the receiver end instead of being marked 870 was marked 87a could this be one of the elusive 870 ta stocks? The stamped letters were very clear so I know I didn't misread them. Dcal.PS it had the pressed checkering too.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
What is the stock dimension, trap of field, finish and does the stock have a monte carlo?. I have an 870 TA that I bought new in 1980 and the stock is simply a trap dimension with a monte carlo and pressed checkering. The finish is the glossy plastic/polymer coating over straight grained walnut.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
School Teacher, the stock is strait( non monte carlo) I don't have the dimensions but LOP looks to be about 14" to 14 1/4 with factory pad. As mentioned before it has pressed checkering, also has the standard Remington gloss urethane finish. Also the wood is pretty strait grained but looks nice.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
From your description, the stock could be for an 870 TA if it has a trap dimension comb. Trap stocks have the top of the comb parallel to the barrel while field stocks are not parallel to the barrel, i.e., bent as in crooked as a dog's hind leg. The stock could also be for an 870 in slug gun configuration. Does it have a matching forearm?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No forend. Just the butt stock in lightly used condition. I think it's been sold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts