Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Browning BSS 12ga. this gun double taps sometimes. I need to get it fixed. Since you used to do warranty work for Browning, can you tell me who to send to for repair ? My e-mail is listed above, my phone # 530-342-4147 Thank you in advance. Bill Hom

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Before sending the gun out, change the selector and fire the other barrel first. If it does not double, you have a problem. If it does, let some one else shoot it. If it does not double on them, you are fan firing. Not holding the gun tightly enough can cause this. If it doubles with other shooters, then you have a problem.

Doug Braker, AKA Gun Dr can probably help. I know of several folks, but Doug frequents this site and has a good reputation among TS.COM folks. These guns are long out of production. This was one of Browning's dumber moves.

I saw his post on the "Long Browning Firing Pins". PM him and see if he can help.

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you . The gun is not doubling, I beleive that it is fanning and only does this when firing the right barrel first. This started after gun was reblued. after reblue it would not fire the second ( left ) barrel. I sent it back to gunshop. Two weeks later, I got it back, suposedly fixed. A couple of weeks later I went shooting and found this problem. tried to contack shop only to find them out of business. Do you have the e-mail address for Doug Braker

Bill Hom

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will most likely be sending to Doug Braker for repair. THANK YOU ALL and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Bill Hom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.