Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting a Blaser F3 some. I love the trigger and it moves well. For those of you that own or have owned a Blaser, what is your take on the gun?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have a Blaser F3 Competition four barrel set, 30", with a modified sporting stock on it (long story).
Have it fitted with an ISIS recoil system. Love it so much I will add a 32" sporting barrel to it.

Had a Blaser F3 Super Trap; 34" unsingle, 32" OU. Traded it for a Kolar combo, and am happy.
Reason is that I shoot a top single Kolar better. (Blaser should do a top single.)

Looking back, proper fit probably makes the biggest difference. Also, pattern the barrels for POI.
Also, Blaser service is great; got to add that (10 year warranty, transferable).

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
I like the Blaser F-3 Super Trap Combo. I feel they are a easy trap platform to set up for POI.--hangar system for the O/U BL. and my experience with the customer service dept. was always promt with no issues with Blaser giving me a time frame for a turn around on service and sticking to it. I do wish the came with a better case though :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have owned a F3 unsingle for 2 years now and still cannot get it adjusted for me to shoot caps shoot singles desent trying to trade mine off as I am wrighting this

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
I bought an F3 Super Trap combo July of last year. I put 12,500 rounds through it. I gave up shooting it May of this year. I can't shoot it. Tried adjusting things, but can't get it to shoot the way "I" shoot. POI is the main issue I think with me.

Beautiful gun. Well put together. Service has been outstanding. No complaints about the gun or company.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Matt, we have 3 of them in the family and I do all of the adjustable combs and Bump-Busters for their ladies' and youth models. State of the art design and quality all the way.

Ken Rucker

·
Registered
455 Posts
I bought one still own love it. Swings for me like nothing I've ever shot. It suits my style of shooting. Had problems early on with P.O.I come to find out it was shooting way way to high quick adjustment and gained and a average of 6 birds. Over the past 100 bird races. All is well now!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
My first Blaser was a 30" flat rib Sporting. I liked it but when the Super Sport came out I had to try one of those also in a 32". Later I picked up two more Super Sports in 32" and sold the first two. Now I'm down to just two Blasers and an extra set of 20 gauge barrels. Love the weight system and the fact that you can switch barrels on them.

I shoot sporting clays, trap, wobble trap, and skeet with them. As was mentioned before, the 10 year warranty is nice and their customer service is great.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts

Like most Blaser owners, I am still tickled to death with mine after shooting it for four years. I have had a 32", then a 34", then a 30", all flat ribs, and now have the 30" and 32". I shoot the shorter barrel in Intl' games, the 32" with tubes for everything else.

The weight system is without peer, especially if one is shooting a tube gun. The 30" is so fast that I had to put four little weights on it to keep from blowing through Intl' targets, then stopping the gun.

Although my Luxus was made in 2005, when I sent it in for an annual service this spring, I got an email from Blaser stating they were extending the warranty in case there were any issues. There were no issues.

I would buy the gun again, got it and an upgraded stock through Super Dave at Texas Premier Sporting Arms. Terry Hetrick at the Nashville Gun Club helped me cinch a brother-in-law deal on it.

The more I shoot it, the more I appreciate it. The first pic was after a PTO match in fall of 2013, where I was fortunate enough to garner a Silver Medal. This was no small feat for me, as I was in the middle of chemo and weighed 140 lbs. The superior dynamics and handling of the Blaser made it possible for me to get through several tough days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts