Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get excited every month when my Trap & Field comes, but when I open it to "Around the ATA" and look for California, I hardly ever see it mentioned? In fact, I hardly see ANY California club shoots mentioned either. Am I missing it or ?

What's going on? Thanks, Rod Bunn

·
Registered
477 Posts
No you are not missing it. It just isn't there. I think our delegate believes it is not part of his job description.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
In order for things to appear in T&F, they require someone to submit them. If it is not there, it did not get submitted.

See the post above mine.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Rod: I'm another shooter here in California that has no clue what is going on in the CGSTA. In Trap & Fields latest edition Redlands is the only range reporting. I can understand why our past Delegate stopped reporting in T&F but I see no reason why our current Delegate reports nothing. It's like the Delegate position doesnt exist any more here in California. 2 other clubs here in So. California advertise their shoot dates on TS.com but reporting the results are no where to be found. My interest in shooting at other clubs other than Redlands and North Hollywood SC has recently hit the skids. JMHO. Bob

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The shoot results to Trap & Field are submitted by the individual clubs not the CGSTA.

Just because a club submits the report does not necessarily mean it will be printed.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
RWT.....

Everything we've ever submitted as a club has ALWAYS been printed in T & F.

Somebody out there is dropping the ball.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Vince, I would like to think I am friends with our delegate. He's a nice guy. He does not think it is in the job description ( if there even is one) for the delegate to write for the magazine.

And as your friend RWT stated, it is not up to the delegate or the cgsta to submit shoot reports. The individual gun clubs do that and if they are not sent in a timely manner, they aren't printed.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
"Gun Club Scores" are sent in by the gun club and the first paragraph reads:

Trap & Field, the official magazine of the ATA, prints all ATA shoot reports received complete (must include scores, winners names, club name and the date of the shoot) and on time (sent within 15 days of the shoot date).

"Around the ATA" is regional news about shooter and gun clubs sent by your ATA delegate. Which by the way Iowa's delegate doesn't send in much in either..

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I guess we were, I know we were spoiled by our past female delegate job discription or not, she got it done..............

Surfer

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I submitted shoot reports to Trap & Field Magazine for 22 1/2 years and never had one NOT PRINTED. We hardly ever see anything from our Idaho Delagate either, but it has been that way for quite awile.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Follow up;
I feel the delegate should encourage the clubs to submit the results, and that should be in their job description.

I never feel things should stay the same because "that's the way it's always been done".

Aren't we trying to get new shooters to join? If not, stop complaining the sport is slowing down!

MHO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts