Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 682 E trap gun to convert into a sub gauge sporting clays gun. I will have the barrel converted into a carrier barrel. I have a question for you owners who have shot these guns (with the high rib).

Do both barrels shoot the same place? I don't care about where the beads line up, just that both barrels pattern in the same place. I really appreciate your input.

William

·
Sky Buster
4,038 Posts
I had a 682 trap. The bottom barrel shot about 10" low
and 4" right. The top barrel shot dead on. Sent the gun
back to Beretta. I got the gun back four months later after
calling a dozen times. The result was the bottom barrel now
shot 6" low and 4" right. Traded that dog in.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had a 32 trap 682 gold e and bbls shot dead on and fairly flat for a trap gun. the 32" was a bit muzzle heavy. If i was gonna shoot skeet or sporting I would pick the 30" trap. good luck, they are good guns. jim w.

·
Registered
308 Posts
U might want to look at the Cabelas onyx pro trap--- some have better than average wood and they are basicley the same gun for 2700. I was told that the trap gun are supose to shoot 70/30 with a figure eight both barrels.If you look at guns international barreta o/u page you will see several for sale with some good pictures.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The 682E is built pretty good, including barrel regulation. Get the 30's unless you're a pro or large man. Plenty of weight in the sub tubes.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello: I have a 32" trap model and they both shoot at the same point at 22 and 32 yards. I use Briley chokes for trap,skeet and sporting. I also use Muller chokes for sporting since they are lighter. The 32" barrel I have is actually lighter than my sons 28" barrel on a 682 Super Sport. I would get Briley to make the tubes for you and not bore the original barrel. That way you can still shoot 12gauge out of it. 7/8oz 12 gauge loads are pretty sweet. These are great guns and that is why I am looking for another one. There is one for sale on here that has Briley tubes already. Dave is great to deal with, I bought his 20 gauge barrel he had for sale. Thanks, Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts