Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been to this shoot. I m thinking hard about attending this year. It's about four hours away and a easy trip. I plan not to make this complicated, no pre squad, no hotel pre-reservation unless needed. I want to attend and just "bum" around a little and enjoy the time out with a few friends.
Having never been there, does this event require these preperations? How many shooters are expected? Do the hotels in Sparta and Chester fill to max? Are enough fields open to allow same day squadding? Do vendors regularly attend?
Ideas appreciated!
My Best
Jim

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Jim, You can always squad the same day.
As far hotel room, I would make reservations for sure. The only hotel in the town of Sparta that I would ever stay at, would be the Holiday Inn Express.
The other two are grotesque! The surrounding towns will have rooms.
MG

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Vendors are almost non-existent unless it changes this year. Didn't make it last year. Only part of the west fields will be used. Decent turn out usually.
Gipson's, J&J will be open. Remington was a no show 2 years ago. Browning and Winchester usually open.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Worth your trip. The shoot has had some great turnouts the last few years. I would pre-squad and make reservations if it were me. It’s a points shoot.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
We have attended the last 3 years and it seems to be growing each year I like it because it is laid back all banks seem to be good banks. They usually shoot 50 per trap A and b. C and D in case you do pre squad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts