Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to try primer alternatives due to not being able to get Federals. Was thinking I would try Cheddites. There was a thread not long ago about primers being punctured causing corrosion in firing pin/pocket. I can not find that thread. Are Cheddites the primers causing this?

·
Registered
421 Posts
The bottom firing pin on Browning is also supposed to be a problem, but I've used at least 20k in my XT and never had a pierced primer.
John

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've used cheddites for the last 5 or 6 years now,went thru about 50,000,and have never had any problems with them. I have used them in k-guns [32],4-E's,Perazzi's,Ljutics,and just about any others you can think of and have not pierced a primer yet. They seem to be on par with the winchesters. Good luck and good shooting...Ray

·
Registered
482 Posts
We have shot Cheddites from all our guns over the last 7 years. 1187, 682, brownings,k-80 you name it. 25,000 a year not one primer pierced.Its the only primer we use to this day.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Some guns punch primers, some don't; some XTs punch primers, others don't. The only way you're gonna find out if it's a problem for you is to buy several hundred, load'em and shoot'em.

Keller

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
JRandall1: I'm having the same problem getting my choice of primers (Rem). Check my thread on NS primers, did con a buddy out of some American Target (made by Cheddite, I think) they seem fine so far. Ross Puls

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.