Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have one made from a wooden buttstock? Or is the composite mandatory?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Personally, there is nothing wrong with the composite..I just wish he made a forend to match.

Big Jack

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Jack, Thats my way of thinking as well. Thats the only reason I'm looking into using a wood one. I would prefer the composite forearm, would be more durable. And I would rather keep things matching if possible though. Wonder if anyone has approached him about having a mold made to go with his buttstocks?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who did the paint for you? I guess any good auto painter could do a fair job as well.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
zinger, I hate to mention this but your gun doesn't color coordinate at all with your shirt although your hat and visors fit in well.

E

·
0 Posts
Pat McCarthy used to make wooden grips and cheek pieces for a PFS. He may still be making them on a order basis. He also has a new design called a Stock Lock. This is something fairly new and I don't know much about it. Google "Dawson Enterprises" to get his contact info. Or maybe someone will post it.

ec90t

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Stock Lock - about $4000.

PFS -under $1500.

How much better can it be? I will never know. I am having a hard time talking myself into getting the PFS; but at least it can be moved to another gun.

Don

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don, I understand what your saying. But I sat down and started thinking about it. Maybe this will make you feel better. If you start with a new m/c stock and have a adjustable comb and gracoil with adjustable lop right there is about $550-$600, so I'm trying to look at it as only $700 extra for the PFS, it easier to swallow for me than the $1300.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I have a used one that you could buy for 700. comes with a grip.....either perazzi (TM) or K-80. You could then try it and if it doesn't work sell it and make a few bucks.

ric3677atbresnandotnet

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
zinger- Thanks for the photo of you and your gun. I did not know who you were until I saw the photo.

A tip to others- if zinger posts some shooting tips, pay close attention to them.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
583 Posts
lol..the blue gun gave me away? Vern had mine painted for me 4 or 5 yrs ago so I don't know how it was painted. It has a marbleized look to it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.