Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What choke is typically recommended for the first shot Olympic/International/Bunker trap? Thank you.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The typical set up is .25 in the lower barrel and .35 in upper para. This may change based upon loads etc. But this is a good starting point. Where are you shooting bunker?

tom

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I'm just an occasional bunker shooter, but the gun I shoot is the same one I shoot ATA doubles with. Fixed .22 and .33 Thou.
Steve

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
What little I shoot of it now ,I use an IMP. Mod. on the first barrel about .028 and .036 Full on the second barrel. I do shot a semi auto on a rare occasion and shoot a light full about .032

·
Registered
70 Posts
If the load is not balanced and too tight of choke the added constriction causes pellet deformation which can cause flyers, the old choking system was based on felt wad w/o shot cups and the added constriction was needed, I have watched USAMU shooter with skeet guns shoot some impressive scores with their skeet chokes in in Georgia , every type of shell should be matched to the shell!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
What choke is typically recommended for the first shot Olympic/International/Bunker trap? Thank you.
Almost always “about” 3/4 and “about” full. Having said that my lady shot 1/2 (mod) and full and did very well, making the final in every event we entered and representing Australia with that setup. But that’s very much the exception. Fixed choke trap guns are usually tight. As already stated Perazzi suggest 28 and 40. I don’t know what the Australian Olympic team use exactly but I’d be certain it would be along those lines. One of the top guys down here uses a tight full in the single barrel final.

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
If the load is not balanced and too tight of choke the added constriction causes pellet deformation which can cause flyers, the old choking system was based on felt wad w/o shot cups and the added constriction was needed, I have watched USAMU shooter with skeet guns shoot some impressive scores with their skeet chokes in in Georgia , every type of shell should be matched to the shell!!
Another clueless post!
When you don't know squat about a subject, your better off saying nothing.
If you wish to learn about chokes, pattern percentages at specific yardage, I suggest a search of this sight,, where you will discover hundreds of pages on the subject.
All of which PROVE that what you have posted, is nothing more than,
HORSE POOP.
MG

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Go to ANY of the top Bunker shooters and ask them how many shoot Skeet chokes !! I can tell you yo won't find ANY that do !

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
Get a life Roy,
This nonsense of your is complete B.S. and is starting to become annoying.
Find somewhere else to troll!
MG
What I learned is that while lighter loads can put a great percentage of pellets in a circle that does not mean that light loads put more total pellets in the circle.

Unless you point with the Grace of Jesus Christ (and some Olympians seem to) Himself, more pellets usually gives you the best chance of getting a break at distance based solely on ballistics.

I've never met a pellet I didn't want speaking stricly from a ballistics perspective. Could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

·
Registered
945 Posts
MG I'm not the smartest guy in the world but I have no clue what that guy is trying to say.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts