Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across some Remington wads, about 5k of them. The bag says they are Power Piston, 12GA Target, 1-1/8 oz, #RPA12-W23694. Anyone know what hull these wads were designed for? They have a full length 1-1/8 oz, shot cup but the overall length is about 1/4" shorter than any other wad I have. Were they designed for use with a card or for a hull that had a very high base wad? Any ideas? JRM

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
early rem hulls had a fiber base wad that took up space the rem PP was to keep the wad near top of shell. They dont crush easy so crimp would open if shot was not right

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ross, shorter than the Red WW. Ricks1, I suspect you may be right but I have never seen the hull you speak of. If anyone has a number of those hulls and is willing to pay shipping on these wads you can have them. I could send a few to see if they work with any high base wad hulls you have. JRM

·
Registered
190 Posts

Here are some cut-aways to show you the old style (First and Second generation plastic hulls) that use that style Power Piston wads.

The top two hull cut-away show the internal base of the RXP and current Remington and Peters hulls. Including the Gun Club and WalMart Sport Load Hulls.

It is hard to see in this photo, but the Red Winchester wad was a tad bit shorter. Not enough to make a diffrence tho.

If you have or can find some of the old style Paper Winchester Super Target hulls, either wad will work with 1 1/8oz. shot drop just fine if you put a nice deep crimp on them.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.