Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen, when compare to other brands, a large number of Cynergy failures. Has anyone else noticed this. I am wanting to buy a 410 and 28 o/u with choke tubes and the Cynergy had been one of my choices but due to what I've seen over the last year that I will pass on them. Anyone else with some experience, good or bad. Jackie B.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Are you fishin or serious? Ok I`ll bite, quality is as good as any other Browning product, have not heard of any "failures" what ever thats supposed to mean. Only ftf`s I`ve ever had were in the bottom barrels of Citori`s.

·
Registered
Ktieghoff K-80 super sport one plantation, one gold super scrol
292 Posts
Strange I own a cynergy trap trap 2 barrel set, 3 friends also own same have 10 or 15 thousand one friend has twice as many 0 failures. would not sell gun.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had a Classic Sporting in 12ga and now own a Trap 2 barrel set and have zero failures. The classic sporting did have some quirks though...The forearm screws would back out, but that was fixed with some loctite. The comb also had a wiggle in it, but it just needed a small adjustment to fix. Other than that they have been/are great guns. Not really any better or worse than any other browning. Anyone who tells you different probably doesn't own one.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I bought one of the first field models and the ejectors were so screwed up it would not go together right out of the box. Stopped by Midwest Gun Works and they fixed it. I don't trust it and have not taken it out of the box since it was fixed.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I didn't have any failures in the 15k or so rounds through mine. I developed a flinch and went to a release . A friend bought mine and he hasn't had any either.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Mac 1:

"They actually have the best trigger Browning ever developed..."?

You mustn't have ever shot an early one. The triggers were pretty bad.

-Gary

·
Registered
452 Posts
Like all mass produced equiptment the company needs to get product on the market and then work out the bugs. Ive had mine for 4 years with no issue what so ever good lookin great shootin gun. My question is did bbrowning drop the citori line in lew of the 725 ? beni

·
Registered
421 Posts
Most Brownings are bulletproof (no pun intended) and I'm sure the later Cynergy's are as well--their problem is many shooters find them ugly. Thus, their popularity is pretty low. Used ones are probably a good buy but I still feel that at some point Browning will declare victory and quietly drop them from the lineup. Since the 725's look really good and are priced right that may happen sooner than later.
JMHO
John

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Had 5 of them when they came out. I did find the 12 ga with composite stock one of the lighter recoiling guns I have ever owned. I has issues with the triggers from the get go. Had one that was crisp and almost perfect. I had to get the other 4 worked on. First trigger may break at 4 pounds, the second at 7. Or vice versa. I especially enjoyed the little 28 ga. Never broke any ejectors. I became serious in skeet and eventually sold all of them. I had a friend who broke 2 ejectors with tubes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I won one of the first Sporting models that came out and didn't shoot it much for a while because of the awful looking "recoil pad" on a drop dead gorgeous piece of wood. It became apparent that I shot the gun well and it has become my preferred O/U. It has not been completely trouble free, but was easily fixed. The two times I've had trouble was with it doubling. Larry Feland fixed it both times. It had about 7000 shells when it first doubled and only about 5000 more when it happened the second time. It has now had several thousands of shells through it since the last fix about 5 or 6 years ago with no problems at all. Trigger pull is light and crisp.

Johnpe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my "new" Cynergy Sporting Classic in March 2010. 14,000 registered targets since then and at least that many practice targets. I hadn't added it up before! The Cynergy is in great shape and still my primary gun. I have had to tighten up the stock screw and the adj. comb attachment screws but NO functional problems. I have never had it serviced in any way other than my own cleaning efforts. I guess it isn't really "new" anymore.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have one close friend that has a 28 ga that has been back for repairs twice and is headed back as we speak. I know one of the first times was ejector problems but this last time the triggers are not setting after firing. Another had ejector problems and trigger. He also sent back for the forend. I've had good ones and bad ones in different brands as most of you have but I just want the best for my buck. I think I'm going with Beretta. Jackie B.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I just had a problem with the second trigger not setting. The gunsmith who checked it out figured I was probably not pushing the barrel release lever all the way to the left when I shut it. Apparently there is something which acts as a safety, and blocks the hammer on the second barrel if the lever isn't all the way over. I open the gun, load it, then when I close it, I hold the lever open, then let the lever go. I thought I was pushing it closed, but maybe not. I will try this weekend to remember to just close it, and see if the lever goes all the way left. That is the only problem I have had in four years of trap, games, and sporting clays.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought one of the first field models and the ejectors were so screwed up it would not go together right out of the box. Stopped by Midwest Gun Works and they fixed it. I don't trust it and have not taken it out of the box since it was fixed.
Why wouldn't you shoot it after you had it fixed?

·
Banned
770 Posts
I love mine. Once I got it set to shoot where I want I haven't taken another gun out of the safe. I have a camo version with 28-in barrels and had to raise the comb 3/8 inch to get it to shoot right over the bead. Prefect for hunting, skeet and sporting. I've run some good trap scores as well. Only issue was I had to drill my own hole in the stock to receive the pin that holds the comb in place. Factory hole only provides for 1/8-in increase. Minor issue... once I raised it that much the point of the comb dug into the meat of my thumb when gripping the stock. A little filing took care of that. Like I said - I don't even take out other guns.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts