Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
NC has all the quail you can afford to buy 馃ぃ we even ran out of those last year. Fox, coyote, hawks, raccoons everything eats quail, game warden says house cats are the worst.

Registered
lost our last native covey on our farm two years ago in southwest Wisconsin - two bad winters and a coyote boom -store bought birds just are not taking

Registered
The fall raptor migration plays havoc with the quail population here in Texas. Recent research here has suggested that spore related disease is also a significant factor. I've given up on the wild birds and my wife and I buy a "family package" of 120 birds at a preserve. The birds tend to be reluctant to fly but when they do they are strong flyers. And two sons in law are always glad for the opportunity to help out. JPM

Registered
My brother and I have seen more birds this summer and early fall than we have in several years. I鈥檓 pretty confident that we had a second hatch because just 1 week ago there were about 12 half grown quail running across the road in front of my house. Don鈥檛 know what kind of survival rate these young birds will have but it is nice to see them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
It seems feral cats are everywhere these days.
Even have some in the city limits that need to be thinned out.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts