Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Remington 1100 comp and i can not fide a 26"bbl to fit ,I got an older bbl and it did not fit ,i got a newer one and it did not eject the shells and it was loose in the receiver,i called Remington they do not make one for the 1100 comp.My friend told me why dont you cut your 30" pro bore back to 26 "it would only cost you about $55.You only shoot skeet anyway.but I want to ask you experts I'm I opening up a can of warms ? I'm Igoing to ruin the bbl,is it going to perform as pro bore should? your opinion will be greatly appreciated ! Thank you,
Tasos

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I'd be worried that the Pro-Comp barrel, cut back, would be too thin to fit for choke tubes. You might wind up with a skeet barrel.

·
Registered
545 Posts
That is what he wants, a SKEET barrel.

If You have one of the older 1100 competitions, it is made for trap.
You would be ruining a great trap gun.

You might want to consider selling it or trading it for one of the 1100 comps that are currently being made for all the sporting games.

The 1100 comps that have been in production lately are for sporting games, skeet, 5 stand, and whatever the hell else they shoot nowadays.

It would be a shame to cut that barrel down.

PM me if you want to sell the gun and include the serial/ model number please.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The back bottom of the bbl is hitting that black thing that slides up and down on the rails that go in the receiver.The one i tryed was my freinds he has an older one, it was just to think in the back. I tride a newer one and it was loose in the receiver and was told i have to drill the gas ports bigger for it to eject the shells.Thanks

Tasos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.