Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for pictures of reloading benches with PW 800 plus loaders. Specifically looking for ideas on shell drop holes.

Do I need to order the drop tube from Whiz?

Thanks
Chad

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I cut a hole in the table and used a piece of 4" PVC pipe to drop the shell into a bucket. I slotted the pipe to fit the PW ramp. Then cut a beer can and fashioned a tunnel over the ramp so the shell slides into the PVC, dropping the shell into the 5 gallon bucket sitting on top of a milk crate. I did put a 3" thick piece of foam in the bottom of the bucket. It reduces noise and gives the first shells a soft landing. The bucket will hold about 400+ shells. Works perfect.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,511 Posts
Here is my setup for mu 800 Plus with the Auto-Drive. I cut the rear drop shell chute off almost flush with the mount and wedged a piece of wood between the uprights that support the motor/gearbox. The shells hit the angled piece of wood and drop through a rectangular hole in the bench into a drawer.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

skeeljc_2008_030340.jpg

skeeljc_2008_030397.jpg

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I used a old piece of dryer vent to shape an extension above the PVC to help catch ejected shells

likestoshoot_2008_03036.jpg

likestoshoot_2008_03037.jpg

likestoshoot_2008_03035.jpg

Another thing I did was install the metal plate that the reloader and hyd cylinder usually sits on under the bench top.. Same ridged profile without any added height. Also I think it looks better.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Drop tube is 2" and the coupling that catches the shells is 3" to 2" reducer. I wouldn't go any smaller but you can go as large as you want.

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I use a 6x4 reducer. Cut a 4" hole in bench and cut out an opening in the 6" section about the width of the chute on the P/W.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine is 3" schedule 40 PVC. I put a coupler on the pipe and made the hole in the table big enough so the pipe would go through but not the coupler. Notched coupler for the shell to go through.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Bought an old wood top desk- real heavy sucker too- sawed about a 3x4 inch hole in the top right where the shells come off the slide- Put a piece of plastic under the table to deflect the shells into a bucket.

Now takes longer to box up the shells than to load them.

Terry jones

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sometimes we get a bad bag of wads and the fingers are bent in, So instead of taking my right hand off of the stick I use this to fix the wad it saves time.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
An old trick I use for wads with bent petals is to toss them in the cloths dryer on low heat for 5-10 minutes and they come out perfect. Dale

·
Registered
662 Posts
I load on a MEC 650, I must remove the loaded shell from the loader by hand. The white PVC reducer in front of my loader goes into a bucket below. My wads are on the bench top to the right. Empty hulls on the bench top to the left. So my hands are back in that area any why. Remove and drop loaded shell. Pick up an empty hull and a wad place both and pull. My area is small and locating loaded shell below is a must. Paul in GINebraska.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts