Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried marking Ponsness shot or powder bushings for better identification?
I tried getting nail polish to fill the engravings on the bushing tops but does not really work well.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My big problem with PW bushings is that they do not weigh out to what the chart says with powders. I know that it is a density thing with powder lots, but getting close to the weight posted would be nice.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is why you should always check powder weights every time you get ready to crank out some shells, plus spot check through out your reloading session.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I do that all the time using a Dillon Digital Scale. I have ran two of the same PW bushings and get two different weights.
I have used MEC as well and they seem more accurate. I am going to give Hornady a try and see how they throw. Thank goodness that bushings are cheap. But I do like accuracy in my reloading, so am willing to spend a few bucks and get exactly the load that I want. I don't believe that you should have to sand out or fill a bushing with finger nail polish to get the weight you want. What a hassle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try using the Hornady bushings. Marking then with a permanent marker works well. I can easily change the inside diameter to throw what I need with this.
191B9BB8-CA70-49BF-883B-560ECEBB0E52.jpeg

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The MEC adapter works great, I probably use it more than the actual PW Bushings.

Get a MEC to PW adapter and you can fill in the gaps with MEC bushings. I even have collected some Hornady over the years to fill in with.

·
5,388 Posts
Since Hornady bushings work in PW machines, pull a Hornady powder bushing chart... there were an unbelievable number of available powder bushings...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use a black sharpie. Real quick to relabel if/when the marking wears off.

On another note, has anyone seen the bushing people are 3D printing these days? Any worries of static with powder??

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Hornady and Pacific bushings work in PW presses. Near as I can tell, and I’ve measured 20+ bushings, the hornady / pacific bushing number is the inside diameter in thousands.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts