Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Platinum 2000 with PW's hydraulic drive through which I have loaded about 215K rounds. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have been able to keep it adjusted, replacing parts as they wear out or break.

Recently, however, it has developed an intermittent indexing issue that has me stumped. About every 10-20 rounds the plastic shell holder head doesn't completely index, stopping 0.125" or so short. This creates a problem at the knockout station as the ram (not being centered over the shell) flattens the leading edge of the shell against the top of its metal shell holder. It is then a bear to get that shell out of the holder.

I've checked/replaced the bushing on the central shaft and made certain that everything else s lubricated and working properly.

PW has suggested that perhaps the underside of the plastic shell holder head has become worn and the indexing detents elongated. That is not the case. The head is relatively new (less than 3K rounds loaded with it) because I finally broke the previous one. In comparing it to the one that I broke (which had been indexing just fine) it shows virtually no wear.

Does oneone think increasing the tension in the spring that holds up the indexing ball bearing would help? This could be easily done by inserting a spacer underneath the spring to shorten it up a bit.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi not sure if 2000 same as my 3. Year old 800. It had similar Ouse
Problem was I he aluminum turrent that holds the hull collets and is secured with two sets crews, one on top of the other,
I kept confirming the top screw was tight when the issue was the inside one backed off
Check the his
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts