Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using one. And with todays reloading costs compared to new shells...is the cost justified? How do you like it? Is it that much improved over the 800 plus?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Call Whiz is the best advice. My 2 cents is buy the 800+, spend the difference on supplies. I had both...key word had. My Patriot was SN16, but I doubt that has much to do with it.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,832 Posts
Email or PM me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have mine for about three years and love it. No problems except for the primer feed. I added a vibrator and no problems now. I really like that fact that it will not drop powder or shot if no hull is present.
Just my two cents...............

·
Supporting Vendor
5,832 Posts
Post your opinion for everyone to read Jim.
o.k. If you really like auto shut off powder and shot drops then you should buy the Patriot. Also the Patriot has a metering bar ILO the rotating gears on the 800 Plus. That is what all the other loaders use but I am not sure if it is better. The Patriot interlock that keeps you from backing up could prevent a mistake. The actuating arms on the 800 Plus are designed to let you back up just a little without picking up a second powder or shot charge. The Patriot is not available in .410 gauge. If you want to load .410's you will need a 800 Plus.

Reactions: msp548
1 - 9 of 9 Posts