Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a year of fiddling, adjusting, cussing, throwing things, I'm just a little frustrated. Anyway, somebody with a Spolar and the PW Electric drive, I need your assistance. I am going back to square 1 and hopefully get it to work properly.

HELP!!!
Jamie

·
2,747 Posts
See the threads which now appear below this one and PM some of the posters.

Also contact Jim Skeel on this forum, he is very knowledgeable. (He'd be my first step).

Also Whiz probably could assist you. I can't find his number, but someone here has it.

Bob

·
Registered
225 Posts
Had the same experience. A Spolar handle needs to go against the stop on the down stroke and the die turret needs to bottom out on
the center shaft stop on the up stroke. Both can be accomplished manually or with hydraulic unit. The auto drive did not have enough fine adjustment
to accomplish this. In fact they recommend not touching at either point on either stroke. This meant readjusting a lot of stuff and a lot of inconsistency. Needless to say, I no longer own and autodrive.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The lack of that "fine adjustment" on the autodrive is the problem. Very hard to find just the right spot. I modified mine
to allow for "fine adjustments", but it's not the perfect set-up. The Spolar needs to bottom out to seat the primer, but I don't
think it needs to hit the top hard. I hated the sound of the lever bottoming on the stop. I mounted mine on a 1" steel plate.
Even with a 2" wood top, there seemed to be too much flex in the autodrive frame.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, I have broken down every station, removed the primer mechanism, cleaned, lubed, inspected. Now, before someone comments "why didn't you do that before dismantling", I did take pics, and made notes regarding each individual station, but if someone would take a pic and post or send to me vai e-mail the view of stations from the top showing the adjustments of the various station screws/bolts, I can compare to see how much my adjustments are out of whack? To tell you the truth, everyone should dismantle these machines to fully understand how each part and each station work, obviously, not how I'm going about it. Hahahaha

Thanks
Jamie

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's how I run mine, but I keep my hulls standing upright on the table. I can grab 4 or 5 without looking.
Wads I pick up by feel. Bent wad petals will slow you down......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts