Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PW 800B and the new Winchester (HS) AA hulls. I am aware of the crimp hole complaint which bring me to the question. Has anyone had any luck or can recommend any adjustments to try to get the crimp better on the PW. I lowered and raised the finial crimp and the pre-crimp. The pre-crimp is almost against the shell carrier as described in the owners manual and I don't believe there is any additional room for adjustment there.

Is this the best it gets now with the AA's? The crimp hole isn't to bad although I do get #8's in the box and the other night when I noticed shot on the resting pad when I would pickup the barrel to shoot. I'm sure you guys know there are some that I wonder how the shot even stays in the hull. I don't know why but the silver hulls do seem to crimp better although I can't see any difference in them.

Again just checking to see if anyone has any ideas. I did talk with Winchester they really didn't seem to interested in offering any advice in fact the guy I talked with said he never heard of my reloading press ??

thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Check the length of the hulls. AA's that I have are shorter than the ones from other companies. Check them against STS or Federal GM's for length and I bet they are shorter causing the problem.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am going to try the one suggestion which was to use a 1 and one-quarter oz wad in the AA hull instead of the oz and an eighth. Supposedly gives more room for the shot and thereby less interference with the crimp. Will let you know how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts