Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've learned a lot about loading on the 800Plus but still run into some occassional problems.
1- Have started getting a slight wrinkle in a few shells which happens randomly. It happened on 3 out of 250 reloaded yesterday.
2- I had a finished hull fail to eject fully on the final station. Last night as I began loading a finished round partially punched out of the final station. I had left the loader three weeks ago with hulls in all stations. Should I empty the stations at the end of each reloading session?

I use the swab and spray it with CLP or G96.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
12,463 Posts
Regarding your picture. I wonder if the handle wasn't moved all the way when that shell was being finished. I was going to say the timing might be an issue, but I think not because the issue is so rare. After tuning an 800B for @EuroJoe I learned to pay attention to each push and pull of the handle to be sure the limits are reached every time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Perhaps the shell was worn or the old expression - "poop happens". As for leaving shells in each station do you mean that they were all empties or were they part of the regular cycle? If the latter please do not leave powder in the bottle and exposed to the elements for three weeks.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
When I am done with a batch, and intend to go back to the same hull and load, I leave the machine with all stations as is but the only thing I do is drain the powder hopper. The hull looks like a brass colored steel base, I was having problems with the Top Gun hulls I load, and started to use a MEC Supersizer before putting my hulls in the feeder, it makes the machine work much smoother. Sometimes if a piece of shot gets in the first station it cocks the hull a bit and may give you a crimp like that. I have the same set up as you

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've learned a lot about loading on the 800Plus but still run into some occassional problems.
1- Have started getting a slight wrinkle in a few shells which happens randomly. It happened on 3 out of 250 reloaded yesterday.
I've had that happen to me also with my 900. Most of the time it was my error as I was going a little too fast and the new hull wasn't setting still on the seating post.
I also run the die cleaning brush on mine most of the time to help brush out the dirt/gravel/sand that may be still on the hull as I insert it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The winner is proofdoubles!!
I was using hulls reloaded many times and the tops became weak causing the wrinkle. That was the problem with hulls not ejecting too as some mushroomed making them stick in the final station. I discarded the old hulls and started again with once fired. Things are running smoothly again. Thanks all.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
The winner is proofdoubles!!
I was using hulls reloaded many times and the tops became weak causing the wrinkle. That was the problem with hulls not ejecting too as some mushroomed making them stick in the final station. I discarded the old hulls and started again with once fired. Things are running smoothly again. Thanks all.
Your right when they lose their elasticity it does that.
Steve

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had that happen when I don't resize the hull base. Too much pressure on the last station makes the top of the hull mushroom instead of eject. I inspect hulls for splits and crimp memory as I run them through the sizer.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I've had that happen when I don't resize the hull base. Too much pressure on the last station makes the top of the hull mushroom instead of eject. I inspect hulls for splits and crimp memory as I run them through the sizer.
I eject those on the line if not usable.
Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts