Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:
I recently purchased a 800 plus 12 gauge and am slowly beginning to understand the machine. My only real issue right now is the primer tray and the manner in which primers load into the machine. Currently I spend some time tapping the tray to get them to drop. Is there an add on that people would recommend to increase the efficiency of loading primers? Also, I've noticed that when there are less than 10 or so primers left, there is not enough weight being them and they do not fully advance. If I'm not paying close attention and pushing the primers into position, I end up not setting a primer before advancing. This is annoying and leads to other problems.

Any advice is appreciated.
thx.
Matt

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
I use car wax in the tray. Some people use furniture wax but anything that makes it slick will work. Play with the finger angle to see if you can get it to help also.

Whiz White has made viberators in the past but it would take enough orders to make it worthwhile if he would even do it.

You will get used to keeping an eye on everything as you load. It is something that needs to be done with all loaders.

Pretty soon there will be someone posting how a spolar doesn't have any problems and then in the same sentence praise the aftermarket support from the factory. lol

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The best thing I used on mine was a sledge hammer (16 pounder)!!! I'm kidding but don't think I didn't want to, this primer feed was a challenge. I ended up using Nu Finish car wax on it. I would check if Whiz has the viberators available.

·
Registered
20,286 Posts
If you want to check Whizzer's P-W things click the above link. He has taken the trouble to present a LOT of good information on there.

Don T

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
You could try oneof these.

I don't use one on my 800 Plus because I raised the tray as high as I could move it (2 Allenhead screws in back) and tilt it at a steep angle.

whizwhite_2008_020344.jpg

I have had requests for the electronic vibrator. As soon as I have 12 paid orders I will start to make them. February is a good time for me to order in all the components and do the assembly. If interested, do NOT use PM, use my email above or at my website.

The vibrator not only solves the primer feed problem, but it also makes powder drop very consistent.

Whiz

·
Supporting Vendor
5,505 Posts
Just be thankful that P/W put the primer delivery system in the front where you can keep your eye on it! Tapping the track once in a while is not a bad thing. It keeps you alert and paying attention.

Leave the annoying vibrator to the guys that have the primer feed system in the back.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
4,727 Posts
Skeel: I thank you for your support on this REQUESTED item. I do NOT enjoy making these and that's why it's been about a 1-2 years since I offered them. Seems that the P/W owners want them or I'd not have come out with this thread, a thread a couple customers wanted me to post.

Perhaps if you can't saying anything positive, why not just side-step this thread? At times you seem to be a genuine, umm, well, you know.

Whiz<BR>
P/W Dealer - 38 years

·
Supporting Vendor
5,505 Posts
Whiz - Gee, I did not realize this was your thread!

Primer tray vibrators are just annoying to me. They work just fine. I was just trying to piont out one of the advantages of a Ponsness/Warren over a Spolar.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
4,727 Posts
Actually, my vibrators started with Spolar. One a MNTA officer/director asked if I could make one that replaced the annoying sound of the one on the Spolar. I did and then at the request of some P/W guys the P/W vibrator was born.

Mine is MUCH quieter and less annoying than the Spolar one. I don't however make that one any longer.

Also, the vibrations do as those above eluded to: more consistent powder drops.

Another thing I did to assist the Spolar is to remove the primer tray support and mill a steeped angle on it which increased the tray's angle. I also modified their control box with an LED to remind me to turn off the power supply. I would often leave the power supply one for days/weeks at a time. I even have a brand spanking new Spolar here in the shop that has not reloaded a single shell, but I did manage to modify the control box.

Happy Holidays guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts