Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have broke the upper actuating arm TWICE. Loader feels normal. These are made of pot metal. What am I doing wrong? Whiz are you out there. Thanks in advance Corey

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No just man power. Loader runs smoothly then bang it breaks. Will be on the phone with them shortly. Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
5,482 Posts
If you are breaking the upper actuating arm there is a problem somewhere in the powder/shot metering system.

First, make sure everything is clean. Remove the top plate, the powder and shot gears and the shut-off plates. Clean or blow out all powder and shot debris.

If the rack does not move easily then loosen the two front thumbscrews to relieve the pressure on the powder seal. If the powder seal is causing too much drag you may wish to consider my Machined Aluminum EZ-FILL base. My powder seal is designed to seal properly with minimal drag.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Check the gear rack for light rust or contamination. Use bronze or fine emory cloth and clean all sides until they shine.

Surfer

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Whiz Whites instructions for replacing above

.They must have change something since mine was built because my upper actuating arm is not pot metal.

Other things to check is if your powder and shot gears are properly aligned with the gear rack. (timing marks aligned with each other)

Top add to Surfers post, put a little graphite on the bottom of the gear rack ( after his recommendations) and make sure the nylon screws just barely keep the the gear rack from moving up and down. I even leave mine with just a little play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts