Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I finally broke down and bought a progressive loader in 20 gauge. Its a pw 800 + a fine piece of workmanship I must say. It took a bit of a learning curve to start loading shells. I will still keep my sizmasters also great presses. The question I have is I see they offer a 12 gauge and 28 tooling for converting gauges for this press. Has any one ever used any of these kits and if so what do you think of them. I am not a compeative shooter but it is nice to have most of your shells for the season loaded in a few nights. I had also thought of just oredering a used Hornady 366 in 12 if the tooling kit is to much of a hassel. there both about the same price.
Any help you be great.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Its reasonably simple. The entire top head swaps out. All your settings and adjustments are preserved.

Drain shot and powder, Swap out the top plate, swap out the shell seating post, swap out the shell holders, swap out out the wad carrier guts. 10 - 15 minutes and you're up and running.

As an option you can buy 900 series tooling and swap out individual stations. This requires a bit more attention to detail and recording some measurements. Ultimately it does not take any more time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts