Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
What position is it stuck in and have you tried putting the machine in neutral position by lifting the index pin,over the pad to manual index the dies,to get to rotate the collar and dies if possible,to get to sta 1 or the punch out sta,to remove it?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Full shell is in the position just before the knockout station. Has only about three shells in it cause I ceased all operations when it jammed and emptied shot and powder. Was loading old RXP casings and wads I recently acquired in a buyout. Tried lifting the index pin. Will have to try harder to rotate by hand.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You are almost there,stick a screw or pliers into the top of the stuck shell and pry up the crimp folds and then use a vise grip pliers to pull up on the folds,but before you do that,try and stick a small screw driver,under the shell if possible and try and push up and turn the index collar at the same time,to the press out position.Then you can press it out using a dowell,I used to use a short 3/8" drive extension and it worked well,on this problem.If you can't do this to get to the press out sta ,then d-load the shell as much as possible in the sta,you are in using,with a vac and suck out the powder components and such,and then cut and pry the shell apart and try to lift it
up if possible once it is loose,rotate it to the press out sta and punch it out with a dowell,it will come,but it may take a while.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
Your properly dragging a primer that wasn't pushed in the hull enough. Or the hull wasn't all the way in the die.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE; You were right, grunt. Hull wasn't far enough into the die. Adjustment necessary by novice operators who's only been doing it since 1972.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
Well at least you found the problem. I've run into that a few times. Mostly with the steel based hulls. Thanks for letting us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts