Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 725 Citori Sporting on order and what I've been recently reading about their chokes leaves me a tad uneasy. Does anyone have have any thoughts on either of the extended Invector DS replacements from Pure Gold or Briley? Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Been there, done that.

The factory Browning DS chokes were mfg. by a French company and their perspective of choke constrictions is not the same as the US industry standards.

I was so upset with the constrictions as per the choke designations, I went to Briley and had Briley mic all of the chokes as follows:

Bore (both barrels) .738
SK .002
IC .005
Mod. .008
IMod. .014
F .038

I didn't shoot the chokes and ordered a set of Mullers because of the anticipated confusion in a NSCA shoot. Weeks later, shot the DS chokes and they performed beyond expectations if you knew what constriction you were shooting. They are the best performing chokes I have ever had and therefore, sold the Mullers.

Clean, tight and high performance is what they are. I marked mine with s sharpie to eliminate any confusion in a registered shoot when you should be focused on the presentation. Just put a 2 on skeet, 5 on IC, 8 on Mod., etc. I would recommend you shoot them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts