Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Pure Gold chokes. I am interested in them for skeet & sporting clays. But not sure what to get or how they perform. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a set for my Kolar T/A MAX. Very nice chokes. I especially like the .020 for 16 and the .030 for handicap. They are ported, or at least the ones I have are. They do add about 1 inch plus to the overall length of the barrel. The constriction is gradual on their Kolar chokes, not abrupt. Nice even patterns are thrown with a hot core so if you are on, you can smoke birds. Somewhat like a Muller choke in that hot core regard.

Hope this helps.

Art

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Pattern like Kicks and Comp N choke. About one choke tighter than others. The Pure Gold chokes are the heaviest of all choke brands made if weight is a concern. They and the Kicks chokes are my favorites but I shoot an auto.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
http://gameacc.net/sporting-chokes/

Their new Titanium Ext. Chokes - have ordered some so cannot comment on them yet. However, I've owned the original Pure Golds and liked their performance from a pattern perspective but they were too nose heavy for me - really heavy and especially if shooting an OU.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what type of gun do you have. i have complete set of pure gold for beretta opitma in 5,10,15,20,25 35 with case and cleaning brush i will sell you for 300.00 including shipping

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 686 30" sporting. Never thought about how much weight the pure gold chokes would add to the front end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts