Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
If they were that great, there would be guys using them. Many trapshooters could afford them. So, what makes them so great? They are pretty, is that it?

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
1. I really dont think they are "that pretty" Many more common guns that can be ordered from the factory embellished to a higher engraving and with better wood than these

2. Purdy's in the past did not really stand up to high volumne target shooting

regards from Iowa

btw- I was in their shop ( which is a let down if you expect to see a lot of guns- but not if you just want to see large binders of old transactions of sales( which are interesting))

I asked the person there how long it took after you ordered one till you received it and he said something like 2 years and I in surprise said "2 years" and he was very insulted and made the comment- "you are lucky we even will sell a gun to you yanks"

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
" Purdy's in the past did not really stand up to high volumne target shooting "

Like the old Jaguars. You had to have two. One to drive and a second to drive when the first one was at the shop.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Gene,
My experience was like yours. 30 years ago I was in london and went to purdy and boss. Same arrogant attitude and nothing to see. Went to holland and aholland and throughly enjoyed the experience.
Dan

·
Registered
153 Posts
not a fan
looks like something a woman should be shooting

"1. I really dont think they are "that pretty" "

i completely agree

·
Registered
299 Posts
dolphin62 You are an A-hole. Most Americans demonstrate common sense, unlike you who seems to represent the lower end of the species. Maurice ( The Brit. )

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Attempss at humor? Or is it envy? Granted, prices are ridiculously high but these guns set the standard for the have's and the have not's. Are there prettier guns for far less money? Certainly! Are there better shooters for a specialized sport such as trapshooting? Absolutely! But they are what they are and an owner of one or more could not care less what you/I think. British gentlemen have their standards. Why do so many of us feel better when we belittle them? Marc

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I think the odd thing about those Purdy's is that they have pistol grips. Usually you see them with the European( straight ) grip on the stock.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"I think the odd thing about those Purdy's is that they have pistol grips. Usually you see them with the European( straight ) grip on the stock."

Made to copy the American SBT's

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.