Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI: the state of Illinois just past several new gun laws (softening some) - one specifically addressing long gun purchases at the WSRC in Sparta.
Anyone interested in purchasing a gun from one of the many vendors needs to sign in at the Main Event Center with the ATA. The ATA then provides this list at regular intervals thru out the day to the Illinois State Police (ISP). Anyone wishing to purchase a long gun on the grounds must be on this list when the dealer does the background check. Buyers need not be "participants" in the Grand so those driving in just to shop just need to sign in.
More good news; the 24 hours waiting period has also been waived during the Grand and no more IL hunting license for non-residents from non-adjacent states.

This is a big improvement and simplification over last year, especially for the non-competing shoppers.

See you in Sparta.

Doug Gray
Gray's Shotgun Cache

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
Although I'm sure it will help a lot of people, it will not help people that are residents of states that still have contiguous state laws for firearm purchases, such as NY

NY residents can only purchase firearms in person from NY or states that share a border with NY, any other state must ship to FFL dealer in NY. So I can go to PA and buy a gun, and bring it home, but if I want to buy one in OH, it has to be shipped to a FFL dealer in NY.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2014 hunting license deal was for folks from states NOT contiguous to IL. I figured it was a way for the state to squeeze another $8.00 plus tax from customers. ISP indicated that was in the original law and mis-interpreted for the first 9 yrs at Sparta. Those from CA and NY must still deal with their state laws but others are free to purchase from licensed dealers on site. Clark County NV also has some odd rules.
We ship to both NY and CA for those customers but not all dealers will.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Another reason to move the "Grand"
So whats that reason there Melvin? Because they now let folks buy a long gun and take it with them the same day they buy it you want it moved? Brilliant, another one of those that live their life seeing everything negatively!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
You missed the whole point, it took ten years for then to do something that should have been taken care of before the first shoot! I'm a very positive person, but I can see the end, Kriegoff and Browning has seen the light.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Could anyone tell me if the cancellation of the 24 hour waiting period applies to Illinois residents or just to people from other states?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts