Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CG Summit unsingle, and was debating on getting an O/U barrel fitted for it. Just wondering if I should do this or purchase another gun like an XT or 725, to serve its purpose for the combo, plus also have a back up gun if needed(which I don't have). Price would be about the same either way, but I could always get a barrel fitted any time down the road, plus still have a reliable back up gun if ever needed. Looking to see what some other guys would do!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Get the other gun as a back up. If the combo breaks it dont matter how many barrels you have your done!!! The other way your still in buisness. Just get them to shoot to the same P.O.I. p/s it give you an excuse to buy another,works for me!!!Ray

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
It depends on how competitive you want to shoot all the trap games. I would get the barrels fitted to the gun you are good with. It is very hard to shoot at a higher level with different guns. You don't see many of the big dogs shooting two guns. Once again, ask your self how good you want to be and that mite help answer your question.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I did the same thing but I bought a unsingle for my CG. Had it fitted by CG and loved it. You can likely find a used set of CG barrels for around $1500. I did have a back up gun already though just in case...

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
I never did as well switching guns between events as shooting the same gun, especially when they were two different models of gun that had two different "feels".

·
Registered
909 Posts
I am assuming it's CG Trap gun.
I bought O/U barrels from CG and had them fit to my unsingle.
Wanted O/U for sports other than trap.
Fine for trap doubles, but could never get them to shoot low enough for skeet/sporting clays. Never lower than about 70/30. Wanted 50/50 for skeet.
Sold the barrels and the double case and bought an Impact.
I shoot the Trap unsingle for Trap and use the Impact for the other games.
I don't often get the chance to shoot trap doubles, but when I do I adjust the Impact for a higher POI.
Just my experience.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, after shooting in the rain today, we ventured to 2 local gun shops here in central PA. Each place had a 725 Trap in the configuration I wanted(32" no comb). Been shopping around online for some prices and found a few decent ones. Average pricing close to $2700. 1st shop had them for $2795. 2nd had them for $2560. I compare the rib height to a Blaser Super trap they had(really liked that), and it felt about the same height as my CG. After a few minutes of thought, it came home with me. So now I got a reliable back up, plus a doubles gun to start, and a new gun to play with(after a Gracoil and comb done). I will eventually get a O/U barrel for the CG, but no rush to now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts