Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking @ the handicap championship event @Ohio-Top 4 scores, 96,95, 94 & 93-there were over 700 shooters in this event--Does this mean anyone in that event with these scores got a punch?

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
970 Posts
Doesn't anybody know how to read the rulebook anymore? Page 22 clearly shows the earned yardage table.

Tim

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't anybody know how to read the rulebook anymore? Page 22 clearly shows the earned yardage table.

Tim
@ this shooters close to 20 shooters in the event got a punch--the rule book says 1-4, not 1-20--looks like getting a punch is based on attendance--if shot several 93 & 94's this year--but due to lack of attendance still can't get a punch-where I shoot you've got to get a 96--bring back the old 15 shooter minimum

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
@ this shooters close to 20 shooters in the event got a punch--the rule book says 1-4, not 1-20--looks like getting a punch is based on attendance--if shot several 93 & 94's this year--but due to lack of attendance still can't get a punch-where I shoot you've got to get a 96--bring back the old 15 shooter minimum

Phil Berkowitz

Phil: Its not 1-4 shooters....its 1-4 places. It was a tough day, and even with some big dogs there...the top score was 96.........so the top 4 scores got punches. And yes....getting a punch IS based on attendance.

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
Yes, because logic tells us that it is a lot harder to shoot a 93 when there are 499 other people wandering around than when there are 24 other people wandering around.

This is just another example of why the big shoots are killing off the local shoots.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yes, because logic tells us that it is a lot harder to shoot a 93 when there are 499 other people wandering around than when there are 24 other people wandering around.
Not sure I understand your point. It doesn't have a thing to do with people "wandering"....it has to do with shooters.
How do big shoots hurt small ones? I don't understand.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When you have 500 or over shooters competing in a handicap event it is not unheard of to have 20 shooters or better getting punches, since the top score was 96 it must have been hard shooting. If the weather had been better there would probably been more shooters receiving punches. That's just the way it is.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

This is just another example of why the big shoots are killing off the local shoots.
I'm confused... how is it harder to break a 93 where there are 499 people... ??? I don't see where the number of shooters attending has anything to do with the task of breaking targets...

Please explain..

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm confused... how is it harder to break a 93 where there are 499 people... ??? I don't see where the number of shooters attending has anything to do with the task of breaking targets...

Please explain..
Thanx --some one finally got it -a 93 @ the Silver $ & the NC state shoot , gets you a hand shake--a 93 in Ohio--gets you a punch---the same score--shot today -in the Fl heat
not many show ups---some one in power fix it !!!

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So Phil you shot a 93 which was high score? But there were less than 25 shooters so no punch?
Ladi da the high score was 96--same as the Ohio State Shoot, Same as the NC State Shoot & the same as the FL State shoot same scores---different punches & lack there of.

Fix It--Scores only---no attendance factor

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Phil:

Lets say you, Billy Bob, and six cousins are the only ones at the shoot......You shhot a 88...high score and winner......Should you get a punch????????

According to your thinking....you had the high score and won the shoot....right??

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Phil:

Lets say you, Billy Bob, and six cousins are the only ones at the shoot......You shhot a 88...high score and winner......Should you get a punch????????

According to your thinking....you had the high score and won the shoot....right??
Go back to the way it was--15 or more shooters-gets a punch & DO AWAY FROM REWARDING HIGH ATTENDANCE SHOOTS-this rewards being there not performance--a 93 & a94 is still the same, regardless how many people are in the field !!!

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 20 of 36 Posts