Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it difficult to have a pull (bottom barrel) release (top barrel) on a Browning 725?
If not about what would I expect the cost to be?

thanx
mike

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Many shooters use a Release/Pull where they release the trigger on the first barrel and Pull the trigger on the 2nd barrel. I have never seen a Pull/Release trigger and wonder what the sequence would be ?? Pull the trigger for the 1st barrel shot then Pull it again to set the trigger for the 2nd barrel then finally Release the trigger to shoot the 2nd target ?? What am I missing here ?? Do you mean that you want to shoot the Top barrel first like I have to do with my MX3 because that is the way it was made - no selector on the trigger ?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many shooters use a Release/Pull where they release the trigger on the first barrel and Pull the trigger on the 2nd barrel. I have never seen a Pull/Release trigger and wonder what the sequence would be ?? Pull the trigger for the 1st barrel shot then Pull it again to set the trigger for the 2nd barrel then finally Release the trigger to shoot the 2nd target ?? What am I missing here ??
That may be the proper way to set it up...
I shoot pull/pull and and I asked the guy I was shooting with what he was shooting. I could have misunderstood.

Which ever way it supposed to be, it appears to be more efficient than my way to shoot doubles!

Thanx
mike

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
If you can shoot Doubles with a Pull/Pull trigger keep doing it; A Release trigger is for curing a bad flinch; Don't get one unless you have to.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Philip did a release(bottom) pull(top) trigger for me. The first go round the gun did not cycle to the top barrel, both dry and live fire. Phillip fixed this at no cost(good man). I did not think it fixed when I tried it dry fire but then it worked fine live fire. Just something to keep in mind. Great release trigger! Shoot a 725 as well.
Slainte,Scott

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you flinch have a release installed. I use release/pull in my o/u. If you use o/u for all three trap games make sure you know where both barrels shoot. Not all o/u barrels shoot in the same place. Only a few upper end o/u are independently adjustable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts