Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Are we going to be charged the $40 camping fee if we choose to spend the night in our campers?
With your status at PSSA I’d imagine you’d pay $27.98 more a night IMHO; lmao. I’m sure you can work something out with management or reduced rates if you’re serious. Although I may not agree with the many decisions of the PSSA recently but the volunteer work days help the overall yearly budget. If you don’t steal the metal speakers for profit or grease the Cantabery call systems it’ll be fine.

· Ya can't miss with a shotgun
3,182 Posts
The PSSA in Elysburg PA will be having a work day on Saturday May 1st. All are welcome to attend and lunch will be provided. Work begins at 8 am.

Thanks,

Ian Darroch
Thanks for the notice, Ian..... no club, regardless of size and financial status, can survive without a lot of volunteer help from its shooting community, and it’s an easy way to give back to the sport from which we take so much enjoyment.

· Registered
4,775 Posts
. no club, regardless of size and financial status, can survive without a lot of volunteer help from its shooting community, and it’s an easy easy to give back to the sport from which we take so much enjoyment.
Tell that to the "members" of my club. You can count on one hand the number of members who do anything, around or for the club.

· Registered
2,974 Posts
Ah, Spring Work Day. That annual rite of passage that classifies people to one of three groups. There is:
  • Don’t show up at all​
  • Show up, stand around​
  • Show up, work like an animal​
The last couple of work days we had, probably 15-20 people showed up and moved more sticks, leaves and pine needles than you can ever imagine. It was awesome. Than, there are a few certain jobs that you are just about always flyin’ solo. The one that comes to mind is EDGING. I took a picture once of my edger on trap field 1, looking due west at the 13 other trap fields... not a person in sight... I wonder why?

· Registered
578 Posts
Ken, you forgot one other group.
The people who have given themselves the authority to spout out orders yet would not lift a finger to complete "their" ideas! One quote comes to mind. "Oh, we are on the board of directors. We don't DO the work, We direct it"!

· Ya can't miss with a shotgun
3,182 Posts
There are other types also.....those that look at others and find fault in what they “do” and “don’t do”, and those that “do” and lead by example because it’s what should be “done”. The latter gets a better nights sleep.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.