Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Public Service Announcement for Illinois shooters.

Effective January 1, 2014, transfers / sales of firearms between Illinois residents REQUIRES confirmation and verification of the buyer's FOID card with the Illinois State Police.

The website to do this may be found here:

https://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidp2p.cfm

You will need the buyer's FOID card # and their birthday. Once confirmed, the site allows you to print out a transfer form with the approval number.

Gene in Illinois

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MDJ67:

There is no charge to look up a FOID or to fill in and print out a Transfer Form. I did it yesterday for a transfer I just did today.

Gene in Illinois

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
For those of us living in the state of corruption,this is again some thing the tax payers need to pay for. My bet would be once this starts going there will be a charge. Our toll system around Chicago only, was sold as just long enought to pay for the toll road and then it would be dropped. Really??? It goes on and on, just another way to increase the political army at tax payer expense. I don't know that the idea of a transferr record is bad, it's just the way things are done in Illinois and how soem one is padding their pockets at our expenses.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, at least the IL State Police website works. Unlike Healthcare.gov

Gene in Illinois

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Gene, Your right it does however, getting your personal Id takes a bit of doing. My friend and I both had issues that took them some time to sort out.LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts