Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son, LTCMDR DAVID E. BOWEN, CALL SIGN "BOATS" and three of his fellow naval aviators will be performing a flyover at the ford 300 nascar race in miami this afternoon. it will be televised on espn2 at 4 p.m. eastern time. they will come in over the racetrack at the conclusion of the national anthem right before the race which starts at 4:30. dave will be in the right wingman position flying an f5 tiger. btw, dave graduated from the naval fighter weapons school (aka top gun) earlier this year. his career includes 300 carrier landings,over 5000 flight hours and three tours of duty in iraq, two flying FA18 hornets and one at centcom.

bruce bowen aka "PROUD DAD"

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Bruce, I live close to LNAS. Those fighter jocks are the best there is. Congratulations! You should be proud.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
That's great Bruce. My son-in-law did the same thing in a F16 at the Nascar race in Las Vegas. I get goose bumps each time I see a fly over.
Congrats. and hope you are doing well.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Bruce I will watch it if I can get it on another station because I don't have espn-2.

I guess he is in the Navy since you said of his naval friends or is he in the airforce just wondering.

Foghorn

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mr. Bowen,
I live in Mississippi and a few years ago your son came to our range aboard NAS Meridian. If I remember right he shot a couple of rounds of trap with a 682X. I for sure remember him as a first rate person. At the time he was either a student or instructor. I wondered where he got off to. Good luck to him and his family. Fred

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the kind words.

today they are doing a flyover prior to the miami dolphins game.

bb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.